A Practical Handbook on Criminal Proceedings in Malaysia, Fourth Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This practical Handbook is prepared primarily for those conducting the prosecution or the defence, as the case maybe, in the Subordinate Courts as well as the High Courts in Malaysia. This is an updated version of an earlier edition (Third Edition) which was published in 2006. The title of the handbook has been amended to cover all aspects of criminal litigations in Courts. A new chapter on sentencing has been added and several chapters have been usefully expanded to keep abreast with the latest development of the law and all the case law updated to make the handbook more complete.
- The book provides a step-by-step guide on how to handle a criminal trial at all levels of the Courts in Malaysia.
- It pinpoints some common pitfalls which should be avoided to ensure the successful conduct of a criminal case.
- Common legal issues which arise during the trials are discussed and case authorities are put forward to indicate and approach to be taken to handle these issues.
- Sample charges on all the common offences under the Penal Code, Dangerous Drugs Act 1952, Kidnapping Act etc. are given and the ingredients of each offence are identified.
- It contains a comprehensive list of cases touching on every aspect of criminal litigation in alphabetical order.
- It provides a glossary of some frequently used legal terms to help the law students to understand the terms used in Courts.
- It includes prosecutions' briefs, forms and precedents to help the fresh prosecutors as well as practitioners to have a better understanding of the documents.
- It is a practical working tool and a convenient reference for busy practitioners and prosecutors.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Commencement of Criminal Proceedings
Chapter 2: Preparations for Trial
Chapter 3: Trial Procedure
Chapter 4: Problems Encountered by Prosecution and Defence During Trials
Chapter 5: Sentencing
Chapter 6: Miscellaneous Applications in Chambers and Open Courts in the Subordinate/High Courts
Chapter 7: Appeal and Revision
Chapter 8: Common Offences under the Penal Code
Chapter 9: Common Offences under Other Statutes
Chapter 10: Cases