Administration of Islamic Law in Malaysia, 2nd Edition
The first edition of this book addressed a critical gap in the study of the application and administration of Islamic law in Malaysia. Administration of Islamic Law in Malaysia, Text and Material, Second Edition provides practitioners and students of Islamic law with a much-needed comprehensive update on the subject matter.
This book discusses the position of Islamic law in Malaysia, the application of Islamic law in civil courts, the jurisdictional conflict between the civil courts and the Syariah courts, appointment of women as Syariah judges and the institution of fatwa, among other things. Featuring an insightful combination of case law in law reports, articles, journals and commentary to enable readers to easily compare and contrast between the various positions and opinions highlighted, it addresses the principles and issues surrounding the administration of Islamic law in a focused and concise manner.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1:Islamic Law in Malaysia: Its Early Historical Development and Its Legal Institutions
- Chapter 2:Position of Islamic Law in Malaysia
- Chapter 3:Islamic Law in Civil Courts
- Chapter 4:Jurisdictional Conflict
- Chapter 5:Administration of Syariah Courts
- Chapter 6:The Role of Syariah Judges
- Chapter 7:Peguam Syarie (Syarie Lawyer) in Malaysia
- Chapter 8:Institution of Fatwa in Malaysia