Our eStore is temporarily under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. For any purchase, please contact customer support alternatively call 1800.88.8856 or email email@example.com.
Contracts Act - A Commentary
Our eStore is temporarily under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. For any purchase, please contact customer support at 1800.88.8856 or firstname.lastname@example.orgContact Us
This book does just that as each section of the act has been dissected and loaded with deep and detailed commentary and illustrated with leading cases from Malaysia and other Commonwealth jurisdiction for easy and in-depth understanding of the law. A must-have book for all practitioners as it highlights the principles of the Law of Contract from its roots, that is the act itself. Not only that, the gravity of the content of this book has the makings of an instant classic, as the leading text on Contract Law referred to by all the practitioners, bankers and others involved in commercial law in Malaysia.
This is the first book that provides commentaries on the provisions contained in the Contracts Act relating to Guarantees, Bailment and Agency.
• Detailed and wide-ranging as it is not restricted to the law as contained in the provisions of the Contracts Act 1950. Also contains discussions on other related aspects of the law that are not expressly provided for in the Act but judicially accepted as part of the law in Malaysia.
• Contemporaneous as it states the law of contract as it now stands in the numerous decisions of the Malaysian courts over the past hundred years as well as cases as recent as 2014 and 2015 such as
- Dream Property Sdn Bhd v Atlas Housing Sdn Bhd  2 MLJ 441, FC;
- Jetivia SA and another v Bilta (UK) Limited and others  UKSC 23, SC;
- PT Vision Renewable Fuels v Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Bhd  8 MLJ 706, HC.
• Highly practical as it adopts the approach of stating the law as interpreted by the judges on various section of the Act.
• Comprehensive and yet easy reading as each section of the Act is reproduced and followed by a commentary on the said section where applicable principles of law are laid out with the discussion of the relevant cases.
• Extensive commentary on Indemnity and Guarantee, Bailment, and Agency.