Effective Legal Writing: A Practical Guide, 3rd edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Table of contents
1. Introduction — The importance of good writing skills and their professional application
2. Grammar Matters: English Grammar and the Law — The relevance of grammar with useful case studies and a focus on difficult areas
3. Plain English Writing and the Law — The development, principles and application of plain English writing
4. Ethical Considerations and Referencing Conventions — Academic integrity, especially plagiarism, and accurate legal citation>
5. Academic Legal Writing — How to approach, prepare and draft case notes, essays and answers to problem scenarios
6. Profession-Orientated Writing — Includes letters, outlines of arguments, memoranda, barristers’ opinions and document drafting
7. Writing in the Digital Age — Includes tips for and examples of legal writing for the online reader
8. Planning, Editing and Reflecting — Document and time organisation, editing and how to make the most of feedback