The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property) (eBook)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This book offers a comprehensive and accessible guide to the law of dangerous drugs in Malaysia. It not only covers the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 but also delves into the Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act 1985 and the Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture of Property) Act 1988. Incorporating the latest developments to the law as well as time-honoured authoritative precedents, this book offers a detailed practical analysis on the law for legal practitioners and law students.
- This book provides an overview of the law related to dangerous drugs in Malaysia, covering key legislation and cases.
- The book outlines the law governing the various offences on dangerous drugs such as possession (Chapter 2), trafficking (Chapter 3) and self-administration and consumption (Chapter 6).
- In Chapter 7, the book details common evidential issues faced in a drug case such as the material witness, information leading to discovery, admission of statement in evidence as well as agent provocateurs and informers.
- In Chapter 8 – Constitutional Issues, the book delves into the many facets of the right to a fair trial, a principle that has constantly developed over the years. This Chapter also explores the various constitutional challenges such as the constitutionality of the death penalty and the landmark case of Alma Nudo Atenza v PP  4 MLJ 1.
- In Chapter 9 – Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act 1985, the book examines the entire process of preventive detention concerning drug offences.
- In Chapter 10 – Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture of Property) Act 1988, the book covers property forfeiture laws pertaining to dangerous drugs, shedding light on the legal framework to combat drug-related financial crimes.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Possession
Chapter 3: Trafficking
Chapter 4: The Drugs
Chapter 5: Presumptions
Chapter 6: Self Administration and Consumption of Drugs
Chapter 7: Evidential Issues in Drug Cases
Chapter 8: Constitutional Issues
Chapter 9: Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act 1985
Chapter 10: Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture of Property) Act 1988
The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property) (Soft Cover)Release Date: July 03, 2023RM 480.00
The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property)Release Date: July 03, 2023RM 430.00
A Practical Handbook on Criminal Proceedings in Malaysia, Fourth EditionRelease Date: July 31, 2023RM 550.00